- 19 Nov 2020 (Thu) - 20 Nov 2020 (Fri) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Scrum Product Owner Training Course Overview
A Scrum Product Owner’s principle task is to provide the concept of the project and have the ability to clearly and accurately convey this vision to the Scrum team. This is essential to kick-starting the initial stages of an Agile Software development project. As the Scrum Product Owner is often the project’s key stakeholder, it is important for them to aptly work with other important stakeholders and provide a vision that accurately reflects these stakeholders and the customer’s project concept. This is achieved through maintaining and managing a responsive product backlog. The backlog is critical in securing the timely completion of a quality software project.
In addition to these tasks, a Scrum Product Owner must motivate their team and provide a clear focussed goal. They must not add to their team member’s requirements during a sprint. The Scrum Product Owner training course will enable delegates to gain a Scrum certification and for the Scrum Product Owner to be able to uphold these responsibilities to the best of their ability.
- Scrum Product Owners are usually individuals in positions of authority, e.g. Directors
- Effectively maintain and manage a responsive backlog
- Maintain a clear and focused goal in line with customer and shareholder’s requirements
- Align yourself with these examples of organisations that use Scrum: Netflix, Adobe, ING, and Vodafone
What you'll learn
Scrum Product Owner Training Course Outline
This 2-day Scrum certification course enables aspiring Product Owners to develop their knowledge of how to maintain and manage a responsive product backlog, and have a product vision that represents the stakeholder’s and customer’s requirements. On the final day of the course, you will take a 1-hour exam to confirm your Scrum Product Owner knowledge.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Scrum Product Owner and Product Ownership
- Principles, Definitions, and Terminology of Scrum
- Product Owner Roles, Objectives, Backlog Items, Vision, and Roadmap
- Scrum Framework, Traditional Roles and Teamwork, Development Team Roles
- Third Party Contractual Relationships
- Scrum Meeting and Scrum Boards Overview
- Project Scope
- Sprints, Increments, and Releases
- Product Business Model and Market Analysis
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Scrum Master Roles
- The Sprint Backlog and the Sprint Retrospective
- Requirements Techniques
- Velocity Progress Tracking and Forecasting
- Release Management and Planning Estimating
- Kano Analysis
- Progress Tracking and Burn Down Charts
- The Product Vision and Backlog
- The Daily Scrum Meeting and the Sprint Review Meeting
- Acceptance Criteria and Testing
- User Stories
- Multiple and Distributed Scrum Teams
- MoSCoW method
What's Included in this Scrum Training Course?
This Scrum Product Owner training course includes:
- The Scrum Product Owner Examination
- The Knowledge Academy's Scrum Product Owner Manual
- Completion Certificate
- Experienced Instructor
Scrum Product Owner Exam Information
In order to acquire this certification, delegates are required to take the Scrum Product Owner Certification exam, which is detailed below:
- 35-question multiple choice exam
- Pass mark is 60% (21 correct answers)
- 60 minutes
- Open Book - the Scrum Guide is permitted
- The 2-day Scrum Product Owner training course must be sat prior to the undertaking the exam
Who should attend Scrum Training Course?
This Scrum training course is highly targeted towards those who already have an understanding of Scrum principles and wish to fulfil the role of Product Owner.
Scrum Product Owner Prerequisites
Prior to attending the Scrum Product Owner training course, it is essential that candidates have a basic understanding of Scrum principles.