- Two-day course addressing the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it.
- Delivered by APMG and Agile Business Consortium accredited training providers.
- Accredited training is mandatory. No self-study / public exam option.
- Course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, teaching what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
- Underpinned by The Scrum Guide, developed and sustained by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
- Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Much more than just a set of slides and an instructor; course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based on real-world scenarios.
- Purposefully less IT-centric. Exercises and discussions focus on non-IT scenarios.
- 21 Nov 2020 (Sat) 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
About the Certificate
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework – the theory, practices, roles, rules and values – as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand – in detail – the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling selforganization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
What you'll learn
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The role of the Scrum Master
- The definition of Done
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization