- Sep 2021 - Jun 2026
(HKD42,100 per year for local students
HKD140,000 per year for non-local students
*Fee maybe slightly adjusted every year. For details, please visit: https://www.eduhk.hk/degree/fees.htm
The programme aims at training pre-service teachers who will be able to teach Business, Accounting and Financial Studies [BAFS] curriculum in the secondary schools.
On completion of the programme, students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding of business and business-related disciplinary concepts and theories from an entrepreneurial perspective.
- apply business and business-related knowledge and skills to solve business problems in a responsible, creative and innovative manner.
- integrate business and business-related concepts, theories and approaches to form ethical decision-making.
- critically examine the contemporary issues in business environment and technological advancement from global and multi-cultural perspectives.
- conduct systematic research to evaluate local, regional and global contemporary business and business education issues.
- display competent teaching and professionalism for quality business education provision in schools and beyond.
For details, please visit: https://www.eduhk.hk/degree/bedbafs.htm
For application enquiry, please contact Admission (2948 6886 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
For programme enquiry, please contact Admission (2948 8612 / email@example.com).
What you'll learn
The BAFS Major aims to produce well-qualified teachers who are equipped with the competence to teach business subjects in secondary schools. The curriculum is built upon a contemporary business curriculum structure, which was planned in line with the fast-changing local and global contexts.
It embraces a whole range of business related-disciplines, including
(1) Business Foundations, (2) Accounting, (3) Management and (4) Financial Studies, and their complex interrelationships in the theoretical and practical aspects.
(1) Business Foundations incorporates legal and ethical issues in business, Hong Kong and global economy in order to provide a solid grounding in BAFS studies; (2) Accounting essentially covers the financial and managerial accounting; (3) Management comprises entrepreneurship, organizational management, human resources and marketing management studies; (4) Financial Studies cover personal financial planning, financial management and financial statement analysis.
In particular, professional excellence, ethical responsibility and innovation are strongly emphasised and integrated throughout the Major in view of their importance in both the business and education fields. Positive values and attitudes of students will be highly expected and fully cultivated throughout the Major courses.
To enhance students' integrative and creative thinking in the technological advancement of business, an interdisciplinary course, "Technology in Business and Creativity" , will be provided in the Major. Moreover, students will be able to pursue an in-depth study on either “Investment” or “Strategic Management” according to their interests and inclinations.
Both formal and informal learning opportunities will be provided to students so as to keep abreast with the latest trends in business and education fields. More importantly, students will be equipped with a multiplicity of teaching pedagogies and strategies for business-related studies that can deepen junior and senior secondary school pupils’ holistic understanding of the business and workplace environment.