- 10 May 2021 (Mon) - 12 May 2021 (Wed) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 7 Jun 2021 (Mon) - 9 Jun 2021 (Wed) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Who is this course intended for?
- This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure.
- IT professionals who use Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host websites and mobile app backend services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites and want to cross-train on Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of database concepts, including tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Course Overview | M20533
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
- Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Exam Information | M20533
This exam, which is not included in the course fee, has the code 70-533 and covers the following areas:
- Design and implement Azure App Service apps (15-20%)
- Create and manage Azure Resource Manager Virtual Machines (20-25%)
- Design and implement a storage strategy (20-25%)
- Implement an Azure Active Directory (15-20%)
- Implement virtual networks (10-15%)
- Design and deploy ARM templates (10-15%)
Please Note: The Exam for this course has been retired by Microsoft.
What you'll learn
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
- Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
- Module 4: Managing virtual machines
- Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
- Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
- Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
- Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
- Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
- Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation