- 30 Jul 2021 (Fri) - 13 Aug 2021 (Fri) 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- 31 Jul 2021 (Sat) - 14 Aug 2021 (Sat) 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
This SQL training course will teach students how to write SQL statements to speed up the data analysis process. SQL is the standard language for relational database management systems and is used to communicate with a database. Most of the data processing tasks done under Excel, such as joining tables, calculation, extracting data or data query, can also be accomplished well with SQL. It can even outperform Excel in the context of large volume of data.
Students will be guided through a series of exercises starting from writing simple SQL statements to more complex statements at the end of the course. They will learn how to query data from multiple tables using inner or outer joins methods.
This is an ideal course for analysts who are looking for more efficient ways to analysis and managing data or tools to work in conjunction with Excel.
What you'll learn
- An Overview of Relational Databases
- Introducing SQL
- Retrieving Data with SQL: First Steps
- Using WHERE to Filter Results
- Getting Results From Multiple Tables
- Using Standard SQL Functions
- Grouping and Summarizing Results
- Inserting, Updating and Deleting Data