- 28 Jun 2021 (Mon) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Paid in 3 installments:
Installment 1: $11,600
Installment 2: $11,600
Installment 3: $23,200
'Installment 1' to be paid BEFORE programme commencement. 'Installment 2' to be paid in the 6th month, AFTER programme commencement. 'Installment 3' to be paid in the 12th month, AFTER programme commencement.)
The programme aims to equip students with the necessary technical and professional knowledge and skills, initially at paraprofessional level, via the blending of theoretical knowledge and practical application, to enable them to pursue a career in the civil engineering and construction sector as technicians, assistant engineers, project coordinators, works supervisors or technical officers.
- Flexible study pattern;
- Provides a good foundation for conversion to a Bachelor’s Degree;
Graduates may proceed to study the BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering (top-up) degree programme offered by Birmingham City University in Hong Kong^.
^ Registration No. of Non-local Higher and Professional Education Courses: 252790
- Practicing technicians who would like to change field for career development
- Building or Construction Practitioners
- Level 2 in 5 HKDSE subjects (including English and Chinese); or
- Diploma Yi Jin, or
- 5 passes in HKCEE (including English and Chinese at level 2 or grade E) or equivalent plus 1 year of relevant working experience, or
- Yi Jin Certificate plus 1 year of relevant working experience, or
- Other acceptable equivalent qualifications (at QF level 3); or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience may be considered; and
- Prior knowledge in Calculus is preferred for the course MATH5001EF/P Advanced Engineering Mathematics.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to :
- Perform duties in the workplace professionally and ethically according to the codes of conduct and/or requirements of The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers;
- Undertake and manage projects, including investigation, planning and delivery, using project management principles in engineering and related environments;
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and relevant specialized areas to engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies in the field of Civil Engineering;
- Identify, analyze and assess structural and environmental problems as well as the potential hazards associated with infrastructure development;
- Perform structural appraisals and design comprehensive solutions for each element of structures and development to meet statutory requirements and the needs of stakeholders;
- Determine the properties and behaviors of materials; the interactions between structures and surrounding environments; and various impacts to structures; and
- Apply modern tools in design to facilitate the planning, costing, construction and management of development projects.