- 18 Aug 2021 (Wed) - 8 Oct 2021 (Fri) 12:00 PM
- 15 Sep 2021 (Wed) - 5 Nov 2021 (Fri) 12:00 PM
($300 Cash rebate upon successful completion)
Learn specific techniques to become more assertive in all situations, with all people, and in all aspects of life. This course will empower you to be more assertive and includes specific techniques for dealing with people.
Understand the difference between passive, aggressive, and assertive behaviors, and see how inner dialogues keep people acting in passive ways. Explore ways to change your inner dialogue, such as using affirmations and visualization, creating new labels for yourself and others.
Master the skills that will empower you to talk in an assertive manner, including specific verbal techniques and phrases for a variety of situations. Gain tips on how to handle anger and criticism from others. Because your body can reflect an inner uncertainty, you will learn how to use facial expressions, eye contact, gestures, and your voice to reinforce the assertive statements you're making.
This course will help you understand which behaviors to use with others so they perceive you as being assertive. When you begin to exhibit your new confidence in relationships, people will counter in various ways. You will learn how to stand firm in the face of this resistance.
Get the assertiveness training you need in order to be more confident and powerful with family members, friends, bosses, co-workers, professionals, service people, and even total strangers. It's your turn to speak up!
What You’ll Learn
• The Importance of Being Assertive
• Inner Changes to Become Assertive
• How You Lose Power Verbally
• How to Be Verbally Assertive
• Creating an Assertive Body Image
• Adapting Your Message to Others' Personalities and Resistance
• Assertiveness With Your Family / Mate / Friends and Socially
• Assertiveness in the Workplace
• Being an Assertive Consumer and Dealing With Everyday Situations
• Final Steps in Becoming Assertive