- 14 Dec 2021 (Tue) 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
1) Application Fee: HK$150 (Non-refundable and non-transferable)
2) The total tuition fee: HK$35,640*
1st installment: HKD$ 17,820 (pay with application for enrollment submission)
2nd installment: HKD$17,820 (pay before the commencement of the 5th Module))
Corporate governance and company secretaryship have played a more and more important role in corporate management in the past decade. Company secretaries are high ranking professionals well-trained to uphold the standard of corporate governance, and to achieve the overall operation, compliance and administration efficiency of a company. Nowadays, the work of company secretary is commonly found in firms of all sizes, for-profit or not-for-profit, and listed or unlisted.
The programme meets the market needs to nurture and equip participants with the professional knowledge on corporate governance, and the practical knowledge and skills required to work as a company secretary. With the training in business communication skills, business management, laws, regulations, business ethics, accounting, taxation and financial management, participants will be enabled to apply the knowledge and skills in business management and administration to the workplace, and to make sound suggestions to the management and board of directors on how to achieve the operation and overall efficiency of a company.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
1. identify and differentiate the roles, functions and duties between a secretary and a company secretary and perform the relevant duties;
2. identify administrative and legal problems facing a company, and outline possible solutions by using the professional knowledge on administration, accounting, finance, governance and laws;
3. explain the legal requirements and disseminate information to shareholders, regulatory bodies, employees and external organisations on behalf of a company
4. apply the theories of corporate governance to uphold the governance standard of a company;
5. take a proactive and preventive approach in advising the board of directors; and
6. keep abreast of current changes in the business environment.
1. hold a Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) with 5 subjects of Level 2/ Grade E or above, including English and Mathematics, or equivalent and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience; OR
2. hold a Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with 5 subjects of Level 2 or above, including English and Mathematics, or equivalent, and with at least 1 year of relevant working experience; OR
3. be a mature student aged 21 or above with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
Remarks : Those who do not meet the minimum requirements but have ample related working experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Tuesday & Thursday
* The School reserves the right to alter the time and place of class due to unforeseen circumstances.
What You’ll Learn
The Programme comprises of 9 modules with a total of 264 contact hours. Participants may normally complete the programme in 16 -18 months on part-time basis.
Module 1 - Effective Business Communication (16.5 hours)
Module 2 - Corporate Secretarial Practice I (16.5 hours)
Module 3 - Business Management and Administration (33 hours)
Module 4 - Financial Accounting (33 hours)
Module 5 - Business and Corporate Law (33 hours)
Module 6 - Hong Kong Taxation (33 hours)
Module 7 - Corporate Secretarial Practice II (33 hours)
Module 8 - Ethics and Corporate Governance (33 hours)
Module 9 - Corporate Financial Management (33 hours)