- 24 Dec 2021 (Fri) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 29 Dec 2021 (Wed) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 30 Dec 2021 (Thu) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 14 Jan 2022 (Fri) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Who should this SQL Training Course?
This training course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/sql-training/what-is-sql-training/">SQL language and databases.
There are no formal prerequisites - this course is open to any individuals looking to develop their knowledge of Structured Query Language. Some experience of using Windows and relational databases would be useful, but is not compulsory.
Introduction to SQL Course Overview
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the most popular database language in the world. It is used widely by a variety of database systems to create queries and manipulate data. SQL is generic and compatible with the majority of database systems, which explains its widespread use and why SQL certified individuals are highly valued by businesses.
During this https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/sql-training/">SQL training course, delegates will be introduced to the fundamentals of SQL and will gain an insight into the essentials of relational databases. As this is a 1-day course, delegates will quickly acquire an understanding of vital querying language concepts and will emerge from this course as well-informed individuals who are able to implement their knowledge immediately within their own organisation.
Throughout this training course, delegates will engage in tasks and exercises to ensure that they become familiar with the basic features of SQL in practicalterms. On course completion, delegates will be able to comfortably use SQL to select, organise, insert, delete, and review data within a database. They will also understand some advanced SQL statements and be familiar with the main functions of SQL such as conversions, SQL syntax, and dates.
Attendees will not be experts (if this is desired, see our https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/hk/courses/sql-training/advanced-sql-/">Advanced SQL training course), but will be able to use SQL to conduct daily tasks and queries.
What's Included in this Introduction to SQL Course?
- A Comprehensive SQL Course Folder
- Full Access to Training Slides and Trainer Notes
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24/7 Support Before, During & After your Course
- Refreshments Available Throughout the Day (Classroom Only)
What will you gain from this Introduction to SQL Course?
During this course you will:
- Learn how read SQL
- Learn how to write queries
- Learn how to work with tables and fields
- Learn how to join multiple tables together in a query
- Learn how to output data for analysis
What You’ll Learn
Introduction to SQL Course Outline
This Introduction to SQL training course explores the following modules:
SQL – An Overview
- Relational Databases
- Using SQL
- Using Object Explorer
- Hiding system objects
- Designing databases
- Primary keys
- Indexing fields
Working with tables
- Creating tables
- Allowing nulls
- Identity fields
- Database diagrams
- Designing database diagrams
- Joining tables
Data Manipulation Language
- SELECT, DISTINCT Operations
- Ordering Data
- Inserting, Updating & Deleting rows
- Writing queries
- Indentation and case
- Setting criteria using WHERE
- Setting criteria for dates
- Dealing with nulls
- Results, text and grid options
- Copying and pasting column headings
- Exporting using SQL & the menu
- Calculated columns
- String functions and concatenation
- Using GetDate
- Converting dates
- Useful date functions
- Inner joins
- Table aliases
- Left and right outer joins
- Cross joins
- Full outer joins
- Self joins
Aggregation and grouping
- SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX
- Grouping by fields
- Using HAVING to filter results
- The view designer
- Limitations of the designer
- Scripting views