- 13 Dec 2021 (Mon) - 13 Mar 2022 (Sun)
((Start Date : November 22, 2021, This course will NOT provide live sessions. Students will learn in distance learning mode through written course materials in conjunction with the Required Textbook*. Tuition Fee : HK$ 1,230.00))
This course aims to equip students with the knowledge and ability in dealing with personal finance issues. It helps students to make informed decisions when dealing with their personal financial matters, such as, investment, mortgage, saving, buying property and retirement planning.
Course materials include: 'Course Guide', 'Course Notes', 'Course Assignments' and 'Study Schedule'.
* Students are required to purchase the textbook on their own. For details, please refer to the column 'Required Textbook' below.
What You’ll Learn
1. Fundamentals of financial planning
3. Building your savings
4. Managing debt and avoiding bankruptcy
5. Taxes - what you need to know?
6. Investment basics
7. Buying your own home
8. Property investment
9. Using insurance to manage the risks
10. Retirement planning
Jane King and Mary Carey, Personal Finance, Oxford University Press
* Students are required to purchase the textbook on their own.