- 9 Mar 2022 (Wed) - 11 Mar 2022 (Fri) 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Certificate Course for Food Hygiene Managers
The course is recognized by Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) of HKSAR. The course aims at enhancing food hygiene and safety practice in the daily operations of restaurants/catering business.
The course content covers knowledge and skills of hygienic and safety practice with focus on identifying key hazards and enforcing requirements of FEHD.
Food handlers (including restaurants, hotel, catering, food logistics and packaging, etc.), people engaged in the related industry or anyone interested in joining the food industry
- Recognized by FEHD under is “Hygiene Manager and Hygiene Supervisor Scheme”
- Conducted by overseas expert in food manufacturing and catering industry
- Introduction of the safety management systems (such as HACCP, ISO22000, HCS)|
- This course complies with the legal requirements in Hong Kong and the international standards of food safety. Graduates are eligible for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Level 2 examination and obtaining a professional qualification in food safety
- Graduates of the course can proceed to higher levels of qualifications and professional studies as Food Safety Educator, Trainer in Food Safety programmes, “CQI & IRCA Certified FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor, etc.
Participants who have no less than 80% attendance and pass the examination will be awarded the “Certificate for Hygiene Manager” jointly issued by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency and Hong Kong Food hygiene Administrators Association.
Participants who pass the course are eligible to take the written examination (20 multiple choice questions) for the qualification of “Foundation Certificate in Food Safety” awarded by Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, U.K. (CIEH). The examination fee is HK$400.
Duration & Time:
Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Joanne Chan at 6050 8153 during office hour (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
What You’ll Learn
- Importance of food safety
- Pest control
- Role and responsibility of Hygiene Manager
- Antibiotic and food safety
- Understanding contamination and food poisoning
- Introduction of international quality management systems
- Personal hygiene
- Understanding the inspection of FEHD
- Time and temperature control
- Legislation requirements
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Occupational health and safety