- 16 Feb 2022 (Wed) - 22 Feb 2022 (Tue)
Our OH&S Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course teaches the fundamental auditing principles and practices, in conformance with national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to OH&S requirements.
By attending this course, delegates will also gain the necessary auditing skills through activity-based learning, and practical auditing experience with coaching, group workshops and open forum discussions. Experienced BSI tutors will guide delegates through the entire audit process; from initiation to conducting audit follow-up.
Successful completion of this training course, by passing the relevant examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
Who should attend?
Anyone with the need to audit an organization's OH&S management system
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
Occupational health and safety management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing our ISO 45001 Requirements training course, or the equivalent
What You’ll Learn
What will I learn?
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
- Interpret ISO 45001 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate