- 7 Mar 2023 (Tue) 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- 28 Jun 2023 (Wed) 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Legal Fundamentals of Tendering
- During tendering, there is in existence a ‘process’ contract regulating rights and obligations of all involved. However, the law and process of tendering are getting more and more sophisticated. Thus, the guiding principles have to be properly understood for managing commercial risks and keeping contracts out of troubles.
- This seminar is tailored for non-lawyers, such as government officials, business owners, directors, chief executives, managers and professionals, and provides a comprehensive yet practical roadmap to the legal principles regulating the tendering process for enabling the direct application to their daily work situations.
- By reviewing recent insightful cases, the legal principles and their implications in practice upon the effective management of the tendering process are examined and shared. Further, it goes on to outline the key challenges and areas that those involved need to be specifically alerted to.
- Practicing Barrister(s)
Should you have any questions, please free feel to contact Ms. Joanne Chan during office hour.
Tel: (852) 6050 8153 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hour: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
What You’ll Learn
- Principles and processes of public procurement
- Inviting to tender and tendering
- Formation and content of ‘process’ contract
- Acceptance of tenders: letter of intent; ‘subject to contract’; qualified tenders
- Withdrawal of tenders: stated period of validity; termination of offer
- Tender queries dos and don’ts
- Mistakes in tenders
- Disqualifying tenders
- Judicial review and legal challenges of public procurement
- Situation discussion / case study exercises